Guidelines and General Information
Acceptance, Visa Information & Required Documents
- The selected candidates will get an acceptance letter from TGGS, and you can use it to apply for the Student Visa* at The Royal Thai Embassy. Please make sure that you have the student visa upon your arrival in Bangkok. Without the student visa, YOU CANNOT BE ENROLLED AS A TGGS STUDENT.
- Please inform TGGS Academic Affairs your arrival date/time to Bangkok, Thailand ASAP.
- We recommend you to apply for the health insurance that covers during your stay in Thailnd. KMUTNB only provide an accidental insurance to students. Medical charges in Thailand may vary for foreigners.
- The Graduation Letter (the letter from your former university that states you have successfully graduated in the actual hard copy with the seal stamp) and the official transcript upon completion of your university course work are required. Those documents MUST BE SENT DIRECTLY from your former university to the TGGS Academic Affairs at the address below:
TGGS Academic Affairs, Room 305, 3rd Floor, TGGS Building
King Mongkut’s University of Technology North Bangkok
1518 Pracharat 1 Road, Wongsawang
Bangsue, BANGKOK 10800
Tel. +66(0)2-555-2000 Ext. 2931
Arrival at TGGS & Visa Extension Information
- Report to TGGS: Please report to TGGS Academic Affairs on reporting day/registration day (TGGS will inform the date by email). You must show your passport and the visa and entry page to TGGS Academic Affairs Officer – Ms. Piyatida Rakangthong. We will make photocopies of these documents for our record.
- Visa Extension: TGGS Academic Affairs will provide the official letter for you to extend your visa. You are responsible to extend your visa at the Immigration Division** and the visa extension payment. Please notify TGGS Academic Affairs Officer — Ms. Piyatida Rakangthongtwomonth in advance prior the visa expiration date. The basic information for Visa Extension and required documents are available here.
- 90-day reporting online: You can do the 90-days report at the Thai Immigration Bureau either in person, registered mail or online here.
For more information please visit:
If you have further questions or require assistance, please contact the TGGS Academic Affairs.
TGGS Student Guideline for Enrolled International Students (full pdf)