RWTH Aachen University is proud to offer a scholarship to support the Master’s Studies at TGGS. The second year of the program is to be spent as a research stay at RWTH Aachen University. The scholarship is financed by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the German Federal Foreign Office. TGGS was founded as a joint project between DAAD, RWTH Aachen, and King Mongkut’s University of Technology North Bangkok (KMUTNB).
To successfully complete a 2-year international Thai-German Master’s Program (PLAN A TYPE A2* ONLY) in Engineering (ONLY 5 different master programs are available for the scholarship**) starting August each year (the first semester).
*Plan A Type A2 consists of a master thesis with a minimum of 12 credits, an industrial internship of 4 credits, and the coursework for additional 30 credits.
**Available master programs for the scholarship are:
- Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE)
- Chemical and Process Engineering (CPE)
- Mechanical Engineering Simulation and Design (MESD)
- Automotive Safety and Assessment Engineering (ASAE)
- Materials and Production Engineering (MPE)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Applicants are allowed to apply for only one field of study.
Target group and selection process
Applicants from Southeast Asian countries (not including Thailand) with a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, an excellent academic record, and good English skills*. The selection process is highly competitive and will include interviews around the 1st to 3rd weeks after the application deadline (around the beginning – mid of May each year).
Remark*: A valid English Proficiency Test result is required. For the English Proficiency test result for the TGGS-DAAD Scholarship application, please visit https://tggs.kmutnb.ac.th/admission-info
The scholarships are granted for the first academic year, beginning in August each year. An extension to the second year will be granted according to the student’s performance during the first year. The scholarship covers the full tuition fees (partly funded by KMUTNB) and includes a monthly rate towards the student’s costs of living. Please consult more information about the scholarship tuition fees and other expenses at https://tggs.kmutnb.ac.th/tuition-fees
- The applicants are not the recipients of any other grants from any other organization. And during the TGGS-DAAD scholarship period, TGGS-DAAD Scholars are not permitted to receive any other grant(s) from any other organization(s).
- The number of months that the scholarship will support students in Germany has not yet been confirmed.
- The monthly allowance rates in Thailand and Germany differ. The rates are based on the DAAD Germany and have yet to be confirmed.
- The scholarship covers the full tuition fees and monthly allowance rates for approximately 2 years. If the student/s is unable to graduate in the period, the student/s must be responsible for paying the student maintenance fees themselves.
- RWTH Aachen University will reserve the right to revoke the scholarship agreement in case the scholarship award was based on false allegations of the grantee or if other relevant conditions should not be fulfilled any longer during the scholarship period. The interruption or withdrawal from the studies or violation of the guidelines might also lead to refunding the scholarship.